Kids Children Salsa Dance ClassesLatin Dance Program: Salsa – Bachata
kids children salsa dance classes
A Message To The Parents:
To the parents, we are dedicated to the enjoyable task of not only teaching your kids children salsa dance classes, but also to witnessing the development of their mental, physical growth, and personality.
The kids children salsa dance classes are a must for kids, because the classes will help your child to develop self-esteem. You are giving your child the opportunity to learn a social skill that will be invaluable to them for the rest of their lives. It will enhance them with self confidence, style, grace, coordination, posture and poise just to name a few of the many benefits. Latin dance lessons are not only hip and but also healthy! Dancing burns calories, builds strong bones and flexibility, teaches children how to interact with one another with respect, is great for building self confidence to handle the stresses of adolescence, and it’s lots of fun! Remember the child who can dance is the child who is sought out at all the dances. We hope that by enrolling your child at Step N Dance you intend to take an active part in helping maintain an enthusiastic attitude in dancing for your child at all times. You must place your trust in us to make proper decisions in your child’s best interest. We trust that your child’s dance experience with us will be a meaningful one. We are here to teach your child the Art of Dance. All children Dance classes are given at our main Dance Studio location: Step N Dance in Sunrise – Fort Lauderdale. Tony Duarte NOTE: Children Starting Age for Latin Dance Classes: 6 Years and Up
DANCE STUDIO POLICIES AND RULES
DANCE CLASS DESCRIPTION
Dance Class Description:
kids children salsa dance classes and Latin Dance Program: Ages (7 to 13 yrs) This class meets every Tuesday 5pm to 5:55pm
Students will Begin to develop dance concepts that will be used in Latin Dancing. Students learn beginning technique and basic terminology, while still emphasizing creative expression as they learn the basics of different latin dances including Salsa, Bachata, and Merengue. Students will eventually start working on routines for performances, after they have an understanding of the basic foundation.
STUDIO RULES & CLASS RULES
STUDIO RULES & CLASS RULES:
- FIRST AND FOR MOST SMILE!
- No horseplay will be permitted in the dance studio.
- There will be no food permitted in the dance studio. Dancers may bring a water bottle to class or they may purchase at the studio.
- No chewing gum.
- Please help keep the sitting area, tables, and bathrooms clean.
- It is your responsibility to clean up after yourself and throw all trash away. Should you notice that any of these rooms need attention, please notify a staff member immediately.
- Student must keep talking to a minimum.
- Any student who repeatedly disrupts the kids children salsa dance classes will be dismissed from class.
- A parent/teacher conference must take place before a “dismissed student” may return to class.
- All dance or school bags must be brought into the dance room and placed neatly in an area designated by the instructor.
- The office area is for staff only. No parents or dancers are allowed in the office area without the permission of a Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical staff member.
- Please also note that Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical facility is a non-smoking facility.
- ABOUT THE DANCE CLASSES – Anyone between the ages of 7 and 13 can participate in the classes.Students will be placed in classes according to their age. No tryout is required!
- All students should be in class on time. Please, arrive to class at least 5 minutes early before scheduled class time for all classes.
- If a student arrives late, please check in with front desk office staff to receive access to class.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to be prompt when picking up dancers right after class. If you must pick your (child) dancer up early from class, please send a written notice to the instructor and the instructor will dismiss the dancer from class. No parents are allowed to disrupt the class.
- All dancers should wait inside the facility when waiting to be picked up.
- Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical cannot be responsible for watching children in between class shift.
- Parents or siblings are not allowed in the dance room during class time; We enforce this rule because we don’t want noise or distraction for the dancers when they are learning. It is our belief that students are more comfortable without the distraction of observers, thus creating an atmosphere most favorable for learning. In fairness to all and for the benefit and safety of your child, visitors will observe ONLY with the approval on dates schedule by the instructor. Adults remaining in waiting areas (if available) MUST be responsible for the children in their care who are not in the dance class. Please do not leave children/siblings in your care run around or disrupt others who may be using the facility.
- Safety for your child is of our utmost concern.
- All young dancers must be escorted to and from the studio.
- Please do not leave any children, that are not taking the kids children salsa dance classes, unattended in the studio.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to be prompt when picking up dancers right after the 55 minutes class
- If a health condition exist which will prevent full participation, please notify Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical in writing or by e-mail as soon as possible.
- No child will be allowed to leave the studio with anyone other than a parent unless with written notice from parent.
COMMUNICATION WITH INSTRUCTOR
COMMUNICATION WITH INSTRUCTOR:
- Please remember that time is limited in between classes and it is very important that we start classes on time. Therefore, if you need to speak to an instructor, you have a couple of options. The easiest way is to e-mail the instructor. You may also leave the instructor a note with our office staff and the instructor will e-mail or call you back. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!
- All students/dancers must follow and are expected to adhere to the Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical dress code policy listed below for all classes.
- Students should come into class fully prepared with hair properly secured and dance shoes on.
- All students must wear any kind of non-marking sole shoes (jazz shoes, dance shoes, etc.); and any outfit or clothing that facilitates practicing is acceptable.
- No jewelry may be worn to the kids children salsa dance classes other than small earrings.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building.
PERFORMANCES AND SHOWS
BENEFITS OUT OF PERFORMANCES AND SHOWS:
- First thing first, We concentrate on teaching the children how to social dance before anything.
- Things you need to know about Performances and shows.
- Performances and shows are an extenuation of the benefits derived from dance training.
- Students learn discipline, cooperation, stage direction, and terminology.
- Stage presence helps children to overcome shyness and develop their individual personalities.
- It will be important for your child to attend their classes regularly in order to learn performance and show dances. If excessive absenteeism prevents the child from learning the dance, he/she will not be allowed to perform with their class.
- Once your child learns the fundamentals of social partner dancing than he/she will start to learn routines to performed.
COSTUME FEES FOR PERFORMANCES AND SHOWS:
- Eventually your child will need a dance costume, once he/she is ready to be in a performance.
- A costume or costumes will be your responsibility to purchase or to be made.
- The fee for costumes is not included in the registration or tuition fee.
- Costumes Payment must be in full.
- Proper undergarments are required
- No Refunds for any costumes fees for any reason.
- No costume will be given out unless paid in full.
- NO REFUNDS for registration fees, tuition, or costumes, etc.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued due to withdrawing from classes.
- Questions?Please call us at 786-290-0376 or e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions regarding performances and shows.
IMPORTANT DATES – HOLIDAYS
IMPORTANT DATES – HOLIDAYS:
- Listed below are several important dates that you may want to mark on your calendar.
- Any other special class info will be posted, well in advanced, including more details on dates for conventions.
- The Kids Children Salsa Dance Classes are offered during all year round: OUR CLASSES ARE YEAR ROUND ..
OUR CLASSES ARE YEAR ROUND ..
with the exception of the following off dates.
January 2: First Day of Class for new year
February: President’s Day – No Classes
April: Spring Break – No Classes
May: Memorial Day Weekend – No Classes
July: Independence Day Weekend – No Classes
September: Labor Day Weekend – No Classes
November: Thanksgiving Break Weekend – No Classes
December 20 – January 1: Winter Break (Christmas) – No Classes
TBA Dress Rehearsal
TBA Year Performance
Please note: All holiday breaks & other days off have been considered into your monthly payment. You do not receive a discount for months that contain a day off or holiday break.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
- Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical follows the Broward and Dade County Public Schools decision for canceling school and dance classes. If either county cancels school, then Step N Dance / Salsabor Tropical cancels the kids children salsa dance classes. If you have any questions, please call us at 786-290-0376 our voice mail will specify if classes have been canceled, or visit our pageswww.salsabortropical.com/ www.stepndance.com and click on announcements.
- Private lessons are at the same rate as adult private dance lessons.
- Our classes fill up quite quickly, so we suggest that you register as early as possible. Registration is taken online for faster process.
- Registration is accepted on first come first serve basis, classes will be closed to further enrollment once maximum capacity has been reached.
- Online registrations Memberships must be paid with a credit card.
- Once you finished reading this page. Please register your child.
- FINANCIAL CREDIT IS NOT ISSUED FOR MISSED LESSONS
- The monthly payment is based on the full season of classes and is not based on the number of classes that fall into each month. All holiday breaks have already been considered into your monthly payment.
- You do not pay more for longer months nor do you receive a discount for shorter months.
DANCE CLASS PRICING
1 CLASS PER WEEK
PURCHASE: BY CLASS | BY MONTH | BEST DEAL MEMBERSHIP**
purchase today and get the (** CLASS REGISTRATION FEE WAIVED! **)
1 MONTH OF CLASS
- 4 classes (1 CLASS per week)
- No contract required.
- KIDS WILL LEARN SALSA, BACHATA, and MERENGUE
3 Month Membership$67/monthly
- $67 per month Autopay / Minimum three month commitment
- 1 CLASS per week – KIDS WILL LEARN SALSA, BACHATA, and MERENGUE
- Minimum 90-day commitment or $67 early termination fee
- After 90 days commitment, the membership will auto-renew for month to month autopay payments
- After 90 days commitment, if you want to stop membership You must inform us in writing
- Automatic monthly payments billed to your credit card
Children Drop in Class - Pay as you go
- Drop in Class
- Pay per class – Pay as you go
- not recommended as children need consistency to be able to learn
1 CLASS PER WEEK – TUESDAY AT 5PM
Do you have any questions?
Please call us any time:
Monday to Friday between 9am to 10pm
Saturday between 9am to 3pm
at Click Here To Call Support (786)-290-0376 / Sundays we are closed
Or fill out the form below to get more information about the dance classes
Location: (Dance Studio)
Step N Dance
10070 West Oakland Park Blvd.
Sunrise, FL 33351
(S.W. corner of Oakland Park Blvd. and Nob Hill Road)
Dance Studio Location Map Directions
To Get Directions to the dance studio from your location,
please click on ↓ ↓ the Directions link below.